The following features are supported both by Instant Print Station and Digital Order Station except where noted.
- Aspect-ratio aware cropping and photo-realistic product previews manage customer expectations.
- Kiosk detects media card insertion and initiates thumbnail generation automatically.
- Bulk ordering methods speed operations and increase order size.
- Supports virtually any memory card reader and memory card format.
- Allows customers to order products from CD or DVD.
- Bluetooth and IrDA Infrared capability enables wireless image transfers from cell phones, laptops and PDAs.
- Allows customers to order from their PhotoSite account.
- Adjustable thumb-size feature in the gallery facilitates all user types and situations.
- Quick rotation feature in the Gallery facilitates the orientation of images prior to ordering.
- Gallery and hierarchical image browsing modes better facilitate the customer’s preferred navigation and ordering method.
- Photo Kiosk can be configured to read various image file formats including:
.jpeg, .tiff, .bmp, .gif, .png, .dib, .tga, .pcx
- Supports products of virtually any dimension and aspect ratio.
- Warns users when poor product quality may result from low image resolutions.
- Allows customers to automatically color correct their entire order, or just autocorrect select images.
- Kiosk can recognize and load the DPOF order files that are created and stored by certain digital cameras.
- Optional full-screen viewing mode can help customers distinguish between photos when ordering.
- Realistic product previews featuring customer images lead customers and drive sales.
- Rapid order completion allows busy kiosks to be instantly available for the next customer. Order completion and upload happens in the background.
- Securely processes real-time credit-card payments and facilitates counter payments (Instant Print Station only). Online payments go directly into your bank account. Credit card data is never stored on the kiosk in any form, and all payment data is protected during transmission using appropriate encryption protocols and communication standards.
- Up to 9 definable service levels can be used to determine unique product availabilities, pricing, and fulfillment channels.
- Products can be defined to have options and attributes that cause price changes.
- Quantity price breaks can be established per product.
- Shipping charges can be calculated using a number of adjustable shipping cost algorithms.
- Flexible taxation engine allows multiple taxes to be defined in multiple regions and to be selectively applied if the order is shipped to or is produced within a territory.
- Charges can be applied to edits, borders, text, auto correction and templates.
- Easily customize and brand the customer receipts using lightweight XSL style sheets.
- PhotoSite users can enter their password to access their online address book to facilitate easy ordering to a shipping address.
- Flexible fulfillment options route orders to hot folders, printers, minilabs or virtually any other production output device.
- Orders can be placed for in-store fulfillment or to be shipped to a specific address.
- Hotfolder orders can include a simple text file, an XML order file, and a formatted HTML work order. Hotfolder options allow flexible output-file formatting, naming and paths.
- Orders can be split to various hot folders by product or output channel.
- Photo Kiosk orders can be automatically uploaded to SuperLab or a Distributed Fulfillment Engine for fulfillment. Alternatively, orders can stay on the kiosk awaiting manual pickup or scheduled delivery. Individual products can utilize different fulfillment interfaces.
- The Distributed Fulfillment Engine and SuperLab both automate the refund processing associated with cancelled orders and items. Both platforms provide a complete audit trail.
- All production images output by Storefront’s Photo Kiosk applications are automatically prepared to the pixel-perfect dimensions defined for the product.
- Creates custom branded index prints formatted using lightweight XSL style sheets.
- Storefront’s Photo kiosk applications can burn branded Photo CDs with convenient HTML browsing. With appropriate hardware, Storefront’s Photo Kiosk applications can automatically dispense CDs.
- Minilab Print Driver – Allows computers on a network to place print orders to a minilab. Also provides simplified print buffer functionality based on print size and paper surface.
- Storefront Photo Kiosk applications can maintain the user’s original EXIF data even after cropping and editing. Optionally, the kiosk can be configured to remove the EXIF data always or selectively if auto-correction is applied. This is ideal when printing on certain minilabs with built in auto-correction.
- Allows users to upload their media card to their PhotoSite account.
- The onboard Kiosk Application Watchdog Service ensures that the kiosk application is operating and remains responsive. It will restart the kiosk application if it stops or crashes unexpectedly. It also hardens the kiosk environment by disabling system key combinations such as alt-tab, alt-esc, alt-print screen, windows keys, etc…
- Storefront’s Kiosk Monitoring system is a powerful kiosk-monitoring infrastructure designed to monitor the operations and maintenance of kiosk networks. It provides kiosk network operators with full visibility of up-time, down-time, idle-time, usage, sales, consumables and system statistics.
- Storefront’s kiosk monitoring package is designed to provide remote monitoring of kiosks, their usage, their supplies, their availability, errors and uptime.
- The kiosk monitoring system allows operators to establish thresholds and triggers which trigger assigned messaging responses, creating an automated response system for the management of kiosk network operations.
- Consumables and activity monitoring allows kiosk operators to identify which units need supplies or service.
- The Photo Kiosk Configuration utility allows operators to easily set kiosk operating parameters.
- The Language Editor utility allows operators to easily change prompts in any supported language.
- Can be configured to present a user agreement and require the user to agree prior to operating.
- Image editing features such as text, borders and color editing can be disabled.
- To facilitate kiosk fleet management, product, price, presentation and service level changes can be updated as XML files read from a central server.
- Fast photo kiosk thumbnail generation speeds save time and please customers.
- Customers can easily adjust image brightness, contrast, sharpness and colors.
- Images can be converted from full-color to black and white, sepia-tone, or duo-tone.
- Customers can apply text in various fonts and colors with nice drop-shadows and text effects.
- Borders, Cards and other templates can be easily added to the system using Storefront Border Packs.
- Real-time border and template previews allow customers to quickly see how their image will look within various borders and templates.
- Includes the latest Colour-Science automatic image correction technology.
- Includes Colour-Science automatic red-eye removal technology; provides fantastic control and results on an interactive per-image basis.
- It is easy to create custom borders and templates and load them into the kiosk.
- Retailers can brand the kiosk with their logo and look.
- Retailers can create customized “attract loops” that play while the kiosk is idle.
- Skinning engine allows all of the graphical buttons and text elements to be moved and changed.
- Multilingual kiosk engine supports skinning in various western (Latin character based) languages such as English, French, German, Spanish, etc…
The following kiosks have been tested and are known to work with Storefront's kiosk software:
- Fuji - ADPC, V5, F6, F7
- Internation Business Machines - Various Models
- Kiosk Information Systems - Various Models including the 785 and 710
- Kodak - G2, G3, G4
- Minitel - Various Models
- Noritsu - CT2
- Sony - Various Models
- CeroView - Various Models
- Digikwik - Fjord, River, Ocean
- Retail Imaging Management Group - DPT, DPT2
- Dai Nippon Photo - Print Rush, FS
- Flytech - Various models
- Whitech - Various models
- Generic - Supports virtually any Windows based kiosk or POS system
Supported Hardware and Printers
Although most PC peripherals will work, the following devices have been tested and are known to work with Storefront's kiosk software:
Supported Memory Card Readers
- Atech Flash Technologies - XM14U, XM28U, EXT-5, EXT5PRO, D7
- Fuji - Aladdin Kiosk media meader, V5 media reader, F6 media reader
- Noritsu - CT Series Media Readers
- SCM - PCD-55U and other USB Media Readers
- Ye Data - USB Media Readers
- Generic - Works with virtually any media card reader
- Benq - 5250C
- Canon - Lide80
- Epson - TWAIN scanners
- Generic - Works with virtually any TWAIN scanner.
Supported Receipt Printers
- Custom - TG-58
- Epson - BA-T500, BA-T100C, M129C
- Swecoin - TTP 7030/80, 1070
- Nippon - N211-d
- Wincor Nixdorf - TH210
- Generic - virtually any windows receipt printer
Supported Photo Printers (Instant Print Station Only)
- Altech ADS - Megapixel III, Megapixel IV
- Fuji - ASK-2000, ASK-2500, ASK-4000
- ICI Print - Olmec OP600, OP610
- Kodak - 6800, 6850, 8800, 8810
- Mitsubishi - CP8000DW, CP9000DW, CP9500DW, CP3020DU
- Noritsu - dDP Printers (via Noritsu Hot Folder or NetOrder)
- Sony - UP-DR150, UP-DR200, UP-DR80
- Citizen - CW
- DNP - DS40, DS80, Q8, M8
- Copal - DPB-4000, DPB-6000
- Shinko - CHC-S1245
- Brother - GT541
- HP - Z3200
- Epson - 7800,7880
- Xerox - Phaser 7760
- Generic - virtually any windows printer
Supported Minilabs (may require
SuperLab and other integration software)
- Agfa d-lab - various analog minilabs (via d-workflow)
- DNP - Nexlab 1000 dry minilab
- Digicarrier - various analog minilabs (via hot folder)
- Fuji - Frontier series minilabs (via C8, PIC, MS, Frontline or Jobmaker), DL400, DL410, DL430 and Frontier Lite series
- KIS Photo-me - DKS series minilabs
- Noritsu - QSS minilabs and dDP printers (via Noritsu Hotfolder or NetOrder)
- SMI - MRK series minilabs
- Generic - Any production output device with a Windows printer driver
- Custom - Need support for a special device? Talk to us about a custom driver
Supported Magnetic Card Readers (Instant Print Station Only)
- Magtek - virtually all models
- Semtek - all models
- ID Tech - all models
- Fuji - keyboard wedge
- Generic - most keyboard wedge devices
Supported Disc Publishers and Dispensers (Instant Print Station Only)
- Amtren - Flexwriter Disc Production System
- Kiosk Information Systems - Disc Dispenser
- Microboard - Disc Dispenser
- Rimage - Disc Production System
- Tecknik - Disc Dispenser
Supported Cash Handling Hardware (Instant Print Station Only)
- Hemishpere West - Matrix Bill Acceptors
- Innovative Technologies - Smiley NV7M and Compatible Models
- JCM - World Bill Acceptors
- MEI - 2600 and Compatible Models
- TeleQuip - Transact Coin Dispensers
Other Supported Hardware
- Virtually any Touchscreen (including Elo and Microtouch)
- Virtually any Media Card Reader
- Virtually any Receipt Printer
- Virtually any CD or DVD Burner
- Virtually any Bluetooth Adapter
- Virtually any IrDA Infrared Adapter
- Virtually any Twain Scanner
- Virtually any Mouse or Pointing Device
- Virtually any Keyboard
- Virtually any Barcode Scanner (with a keyboard wedge interface)